High temperature fiber optic strain adhesive for temperatures above 160°C

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
obogdanov84
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
So I am currently using a high temperature epoxy based strain adhesive on a polyimide coated single mode fibre. This however gives rubbish results in terms of creep at anything above 160 deg C. Does anyone have any experience with this type of problem at all?

I know that there are metallisation techniques and cements that are available but I am having s hard time tracking down any thing purpose specific.

Any directions or anything help ( also if some more parameters are required I can easily put them up.

Ta
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I would talk to a custom adhesive suppliers like Masterbond and Tra-Con. If anyone can help you find a solution they can.