High temperature fibre optic strain adhesive anyone?

In summary, the speaker is currently experiencing issues with a high temperature epoxy based strain adhesive on a polyimide coated single mode fibre. They are seeking advice and recommendations for alternative metallisation techniques and cements from custom adhesive suppliers such as Masterbond and Tra-Con. They are also willing to provide further details if needed.
obogdanov84
So I am currently using a high temperature epoxy based strain adhesive on a polyimide coated single mode fibre. This however gives rubbish results in terms of creep at anything above 160 deg C. Does anyone have any experience with this type of problem at all?

I know that there are metallisation techniques and cements that are available but I am having s hard time tracking down any thing purpose specific.

Any directions or anything help ( also if some more parameters are required I can easily put them up.

Ta

Engineering news on Phys.org
I would talk to a custom adhesive suppliers like Masterbond and Tra-Con. If anyone can help you find a solution they can.

1. What is a high temperature fibre optic strain adhesive?

A high temperature fibre optic strain adhesive is a type of adhesive that is designed to bond optical fibres to surfaces in high temperature environments. It is used to secure optical fibres in place and protect them from extreme heat.

2. How does a high temperature fibre optic strain adhesive work?

High temperature fibre optic strain adhesives typically contain a heat-resistant polymer that is able to withstand temperatures up to 200°C or higher. This polymer forms a strong bond between the optical fibre and surface, providing strain relief and preventing the fibre from being damaged by heat.

3. What are the benefits of using a high temperature fibre optic strain adhesive?

Using a high temperature fibre optic strain adhesive ensures that optical fibres remain securely in place and are protected from the effects of high temperatures. This can prevent signal loss and damage to the fibres, resulting in more reliable and accurate data transmission.

4. In what applications is a high temperature fibre optic strain adhesive commonly used?

A high temperature fibre optic strain adhesive is commonly used in industries such as aerospace, automotive, and oil and gas, where high temperatures are present. It is also used in laboratory settings for experiments that involve extreme heat.

5. How should a high temperature fibre optic strain adhesive be applied?

The application process for a high temperature fibre optic strain adhesive may vary depending on the specific product, but generally, the surface should be clean and dry before applying the adhesive. The adhesive should be spread evenly on the surface and the fibre should be carefully pressed into place. It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for the best results.