How can dark energy comprise 74% of the Universe?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
36 replies · 5K views
Ok I give up. @PeterDonis why say this

PeterDonis said:
The Hubble sphere is not the boundary of "how far we can see" and is not the same as our observable universe.

You now say this

PeterDonis said:
Nobody said you did. You are misunderstanding what we said is the problem.
I explicitly did not equate them at the same time. For the last time I said the expanding Hubble sphere will mean we can see further (than the currently observable Universe) in the future.

Regards. Andrew
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
andrew s 1905 said:
...we can see further (than the currently observable Universe) in the future.
Are you trying to say simply that, in the future, the OU will be larger, allowing us to see farther?
 
andrew s 1905 said:
I said the expanding Hubble sphere will mean we can see further (than the currently observable Universe) in the future.

And that is wrong. I explained why in post #30. That is the only statement of yours that I or anyone else is saying is wrong.

If you had just said "we can see further than the currently observable Universe in the future", that would have been fine. But you said more than that.
 
DaveC426913 said:
Are you trying to say simply that, in the future, the OU will be larger, allowing us to see farther?
Yes.
But how far we can see is related to...
I agree you can argue they have the same underlying cause.

I have learned my lesson.

Regards Andrew
 
PeterDonis said:
And that is wrong. I explained why in post #30. That is the only statement of yours that I or anyone else is saying is wrong.

If you had just said "we can see further than the currently observable Universe in the future", that would have been fine. But you said more than that.
But they are related contrary to your statement. Light has to cross the Hubble sphere to reach us. See section 3.3 https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjABegQIBRAF&usg=AOvVaw0gAqrLMM4grSnGgMqhElQs

Regards Andrew
 
andrew s 1905 said:
Light has to cross the Hubble sphere to reach us.

That doesn't mean "they are related", or that the reason the observable universe will be larger in the future is that the Hubble sphere will.

In any case, this subthread is off topic, so please do not post further in it.