unknown_2 said:
Hi, I'm trying to understand how to correct when you put Vcc as 10V your max output is like 9.18V. Is there a factor on the data sheet or what? I'm trying to build a bi-state multivibrator to generate a 10V peak value but it's being saturated.thanks.
I don't know if all datasheets follow the same convention, but for the TL08x series, TI uses
VOM for the maximum output voltage. Look at Figure 10 on p. 10 at
http://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tl081a.pdf
It is a graph of max. peak output voltage vs. supply voltage, under 10 kΩ load. So for that type of op-amp, you'd need at least ±11.2V supplies to get ±10V out.
Also, the specs on p. 7 mention V
OM, the max. peak output voltage swing, is at least ±12V and typically ±13.5V for a load of 10 kΩ and ±15V inputs.
That being said, could you just try supplying ±12V to your op-amp and see what happens?
unknown_2 said:
looking for a way to calculate it so i can apply it to different Vcc voltages
The graph I referred to above shows a pretty linear response. If your op-amp's datasheet doesn't have such a curve, then you could measure max. output for a few different supply voltages, with whatever load resistance you use in practice, and make your own graph.