Can I Automatically Transfer Emails from My Old Hotmail Address to a New One?

In summary, the conversation is discussing the possibility of automatically transferring messages from an old Hotmail address to a new one, either through Hotmail settings or a startup program. The conversation also touches on the best way to inform contacts of the new email address. It is mentioned that forwarding messages to another email account is an option in the "Options" section.
JPC
hi

I was wondering, if there was a way , if i created a new hotmail address, that messages sent to my old address are automaticly transferred to my new one.

Or, if this could not be done with hotmail settings, a program that creates a process at startup that will automaticly check messages on my old and resend them to my new

///////

And, if i create a new hotmail, what is the best way to make everyone add you on your new one ? i mean i have some contacts that only login like once every 1 or 2 weeks, and i don't want to leave some behind

Computer science news on Phys.org
Inside the "Options" , you can choose to forward your messages to any email account.

I am not an expert in the specific technicalities of email systems, but I can provide a general response to your question.

It is possible to set up automatic email forwarding from one email address to another. This can usually be done through the settings or preferences of your email provider. However, this may not be available for all email providers and may require a paid subscription or additional software. It is also important to make sure that the emails being forwarded are not marked as spam by the receiving email address.

If automatic forwarding is not available, there are programs or scripts that can be set up to check your old email address and forward any new messages to your new address. However, these may also require technical expertise or additional resources.

In terms of making sure all of your contacts have your new email address, the best way would be to reach out to them individually and inform them of the change. You could also set up an automatic response on your old email address informing contacts of your new email and asking them to update their records. Additionally, you could post about the change on your social media or other online platforms to reach a larger audience.

Related to Can I Automatically Transfer Emails from My Old Hotmail Address to a New One?

1. What is automatic email transfer?

Automatic email transfer is a process in which emails are automatically forwarded or redirected from one email account to another. This can be useful for individuals who have multiple email accounts or for businesses that need to transfer emails from one employee to another.

2. How does automatic email transfer work?

Automatic email transfer works by setting up rules or filters in your email settings. These rules specify which emails should be automatically forwarded or redirected to another email address. Whenever a new email arrives, the email system checks if it matches any of the specified rules and then automatically transfers it to the designated email account.

3. Is automatic email transfer secure?

Yes, automatic email transfer is secure. Most email providers use encryption to protect your emails during the transfer process. However, it is important to choose a strong and unique password to prevent unauthorized access to your email accounts.

4. Can I transfer emails from one email provider to another automatically?

Yes, if both email providers support automatic email transfer, you can transfer emails from one provider to another automatically. However, the process may vary depending on the email providers and you may need to set up the transfer rules separately for each provider.

5. Are there any limitations to automatic email transfer?

Yes, there may be some limitations to automatic email transfer depending on your email provider. For example, some providers may limit the number of emails that can be automatically transferred per day or the size of the emails that can be transferred. It is best to check with your email provider for any limitations before setting up automatic email transfer.