How Can I Build a Dust Catcher for My Room?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SF
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Dust
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
SF
Any ideas on how to build a device that captures dust from the air?
My room is full of it because I store all my clothes here, and I can't keep the window open for long as it's winter and it's really cold...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
If simple, and cheap is important, you can find a square or rectangle shaped fan at a discount store, on the intake side, tie or tape a regular air filter to the frame, and run it on low or med speed. This will circulate the inside room air, and remove most of the dust, if your not pinching pennies, let it run continually.