How can I calculate the power delivered using geothermal energy and an aquifer?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Donna14
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Energy Geothermal
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
Donna14
Messages
27
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



See attachment

Homework Equations



I guess I need to do something with this equation:
P= cmρJΔT

ρ is then the density of water 1000m3/kg
J is given
Cm is given
But what to do with the temperatures... ΔT= Th-Ta? But then you get a negative number and the ask for the power delivered...
 
Attachments
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 440
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Sounds like you have the right idea. The energy the water loses equates to that energy going to heating the house.

Don't forget that power = rate of delivering energy