How can i generate electricity with out any feul

• Thread starter Hadi2000
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Electricity
In summary: W. It would be quite difficult to power a 12 Vdc device from a car battery even with a converter. More information about the application and requirements are likely to get a better answer.
Hadi2000
any body helps me that how can i generate electricity 12volts DC or give me idea to run car generater for 12 Volts Dc and then i converts it through UPS in 220Volts AC but there is big problem that how can i opreate or run car generater (with out any feul tecnology or wind and water) teel other source or technique to run generater i need only 500 to 1000 watts so please help me
Thanks
My name is Hadi Bux I M from Pakistan
send me email or this forum
panhwar2008@yahoo.com

Engineering news on Phys.org
Well, you certainly need some kind of energy source. That 1000 watts has to come from somewhere. Solar maybe? With a bicycle setup, you can generate about 100W yourself for a while, depending on what kind of physical shape you are in...

I don't understand what is actually needed. 12 Vdc or 220 Vac?

Does it need to be portable? Carried by hand, or sitting in the car? Or is this for backup when the electricity goes out in the house?

How long must the device operate? A car battery might last about an hour at 500-1000 W, then it would need recharging before it can be used again.

More information about the application and requirements are likely to get a better answer.

i need 12V DC but the method is cheepest how it is possible or how can i do it to make cheepest generetor to generate 12v dc volts
So please any friend knows please tell me

You didn't say where you would be using this (in the home? in a car? outside of a home or car?), but here are some ideas:

In the home, a 12 Vdc converter that plugs into a wall outlet.

In a car, a simple cord that plugs into the cigarette lighter.

Outside of home & car, a 12V rechargeable battery. Get one just big enough to provide your required current or power.

There's several designs out there to run a battery charger from a bicycle hooked up to a car's alternator. Most people can generate about 100W for several hours using this method - maybe up to 300W if you are in really good shape. If you really need up to 1000W, then you'll have to pedal for several hours to charge up some batteries before you can use the stored energy.

Here's one example, a 150W pedal powered generator:
http://www.scienceshareware.com/build-your-own-generator-bike-trainer-stand.htm

any other power generating method for cheep cost i m from pakistan

Where will you be using it? What are you using it for?

A 12 Vdc converter that plugs into a wall outlet is fairly inexpensive, at least in the USA (about 20 to 30 $US here). But you would be restricted to using it in the home or places where there is a regular 220V wall outlet.

Wait, there is a problem with these 12 Vdc converters. They typically run 10 Watts or perhaps even 30 Watts, but you said you want 500 to 1000 W.

Power supplies with 12V and 500-600 Watts seem to cost about 130 to 140 $US:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=A1262686&cs=19&c=us&l=en&dgc=SS&cid=30322&lid=680419 [Broken]
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...CODE=YAHOODF&cm_mmc_o=QztBBCjCVRqCjCVRqCjCVRq

I don't know if that price is something you can afford, and where in Pakistan these would be available.

Last edited by a moderator:
friends you can't under stand me i need 12 V DC out put i m from very poor area of pakistan there is electricity but fluctuation of light in our country there is very big problem in 24 hours a day electricity is present onlt 10 hours and 14 hours power fells so i need some low cost idea that i generate 12V DC power without any feul that can charge battery and i use UPS to convert 12V DC to 220V AC ok.

The answers you've already been given are pretty good.

You can't generate electricity without some energy input. Can you use the sun? Wind? Hydro? An engine? Human power? 500-1,000W is a large amount of energy to be expecting from nothing. You can't get it from nowhere.

Hadi, thank you for explaining the situation more fully.

One option might be to get a larger capacity battery for the UPS. I don't know how easy it would be to replace the battery in the UPS unit with a large car or truck battery to your UPS. If you're somewhat handy with electronics it should be possible.

You might also need a separate battery charger, with which you would charge the battery during the time power is on.

Of course, there is a lot involved with that approach, and a gasoline-powered generator might be the easiest solution after all.

I think the solution, if there is one, will not be very cheap.

Regards,

Mark

Here in India, we have so called "Inverters" which use large vehicle batteries. Most houses here use these, as they are relatively cheap (compared to gasoline-run generators) and quite a life-saver during the monsoons.
Battery output around 14V DC and is converted to 240V AC by an additional unit. They cost between Rs 3000 and Rs 5000 approximately (around 100$). These can supply around 1000W for a period of 4-5 hours. Gasoline powered generators could cost almost double that, and maintenance would be high due to obvious reasons today.
I am sure these must be available in Pakistan cities as well. If you have friends in cities, you can ask them about these devices.

Solar generators would be nice in tropical regions, if only they could work at night! Maybe a strong battery unit would hold for a night, but then again initial costs are too high. Same for wind.

Hadi2000 said:
friends you can't under stand me i need 12 V DC out put i m from very poor area of Pakistan there is electricity but fluctuation of light in our country there is very big problem in 24 hours a day electricity is present only 10 hours and 14 hours power fells so i need some low cost idea that i generate 12V DC power without any fuel that can charge battery and i use UPS to convert 12V DC to 220V AC OK.

Can you say a little about your life, what you know how to do, and what kind of resources you have to work with??
Do you have friends, family, or neighbors that can help or supply things, maybe even a scrap yard that might have items you can use.

Thanks to "Google Earth" I passed over your place this morning:smile:
there are a few places in Pakistan that have picture coverage, and we can see the terrain quite clearly.

It's getting to be a great world to live in.

I know you have air to work with, and if you have any source of natural gas, you might be close to some possibilities.
Hope to hear from you again.

Ron

is this possible that to opreate generators on biogas if yes then please inform me in detail
thanks.

arunbg said:
Here in India, we have so called "Inverters" which use large vehicle batteries.

This sounds like the best idea so far.

Redbelly98 said:
This sounds like the best idea so far.
To add to that, I have been using one for nearly 5 years now, with 0 maintenance and still going strong.
Here's a popular brand's website http://www.su-kam.com/inverters.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
He still needs to charge the batteries, though, so I don't see how that changes the underlying problem.

He has electricity for 10 hours a day, that's when you can charge the battery.

Last edited:
From post 7, though:
so i need some low cost idea that i generate 12V DC power without any feul that can charge battery
It sounds to me like he's looking for a way to keep the batteries charged during the times the power is out (ie, the batteries aren't big enough to run what he wants for that long). But I don't know for sure - the posts were tough to read.

Last edited:
Post #10 had a few more details.

I think you're right that he would like to keep the battery charged while power it out, but after 11 days now nobody has come up with a cheap and easy way to do that.

Failing that, arunbq's solution would at least provide electricity for 4-5 hours at 1000W, or presumably 8-10 hours at 500W. Only Hadi can answer whether that is benefit enough to be worthwhile. The rest of us don't know what the purpose of having the electricity is. Just to have normal household electricity for as long as possible? Running a computer for a few more hours? Getting a refrigerator which could then be run 24 hours per day? Turning lights on in the house at night?

Without knowing these details, we can't really say whether something will or will not suffice.

Last edited:
This question, how home training equipment could be used to produce electricity, is quite interesting. I am surprised at the low wattage count of '100 Watts, depending on the shape you re in'. I know there is such a thing as loss in the production of electricity, but a healthy man on his bike can produce 1 KW for quite some time. A modest hammer drill for domestic use already has a power consumption of that much. I think that there d be really a market for such equipment and the incentive is extraordinary. Like, if you want coffee or eggs, you d have to do something for it. I could also imagine having a TV set mounted to my lifecycle instead of the display, although I know that TV sets and other such equipment need a constant and level energy supply and there d need to be some backup from mains. But all in all this is an idea worth exploiting in this age of environmental consciousness

traveller65 said:
I am surprised at the low wattage count of '100 Watts, depending on the shape you re in'. I know there is such a thing as loss in the production of electricity, but a healthy man on his bike can produce 1 KW for quite some time.
You need to be a lot more than just "a healthy man on his bike" to produce 1kW for more than a few minutes. Here is an article discussing the issue:
What Happens on the Road?
So what do the pros get up to in the peloton?
• Road stages averaged 220 W (3.1 W/kg), HR 142 bpm. With 4 of the 5 stages lasting 160-170 km, that’s nearly 4 h daily at that effort, with an average energy expenditure of 2850 Kcal in addition to normal resting requirements of ~2500 kCal for a total of 5350 Kcal daily.
http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=3748

So 220w for 4 hours, every day, by a professional. Or 0.88 kWh per day. My little 1500 sq foot townhouse uses a minimum (when not heating or cooling) of 12 kWh per day.

Last edited:
Dear Russ,

I was nowhere suggesting that home fitness equipment could supply ALL the electricity needed in a house, much less if air conditioning or heating is running. But you know how it is, every little bit helps! If all the owners of such equipment supplied even only 5 % of their needs in this way, you know how many millions of gallons of fossile fuel this would equate in a year? And even if this is more of a playful marketing idea than anything else, it is valuable as such. Pedalling to make electricity is only one half of the concept. The other half is that the person really has an incentive to stay on that bike for some time, and so does something for shape and health

Greetings, John M.

traveller65 said:
But you know how it is, every little bit helps! If all the owners of such equipment supplied even only 5 % of their needs in this way, you know how many millions of gallons of fossile fuel this would equate in a year?
Well given the data from above, I suspect the average person could do less than 0.5% reliably. While if you sold a million of these it may result in millions of gallons a year, that's a misleading statistic: 0.5% is nothing to get excited about and certainly would come nowhere close to being worth the cost of the bike in fuel savings.
And even if this is more of a playful marketing idea than anything else, it is valuable as such. Pedalling to make electricity is only one half of the concept. The other half is that the person really has an incentive to stay on that bike for some time, and so does something for shape and health.
Now that idea is already being marketed: a bike connected to a tv for the incentive alone.

russ_watters said:
...Now that idea is already being marketed: a bike connected to a tv for the incentive alone.

I think a smaller LCD (as in 15-17") runs less than 100 W, so with the numbers above, you could actually feasibly have pedal-for-TV (for a while at least, and probably on a dimmer setting)

1. How can I generate electricity without any fuel?

The most common way to generate electricity without fuel is through the use of renewable energy sources such as solar, wind, hydro, and geothermal power. These sources harness the energy of natural elements such as the sun, wind, water, and heat to generate electricity.

2. Is it possible to generate electricity without any fuel?

Yes, it is possible to generate electricity without fuel. Many countries around the world are already utilizing renewable energy sources to generate electricity and reduce their dependence on fossil fuels.

3. What are the benefits of generating electricity without fuel?

There are several benefits to generating electricity without fuel. It helps reduce carbon emissions and mitigates the effects of climate change. It also reduces our dependence on finite fossil fuels and promotes sustainable energy practices. Additionally, it can create jobs and stimulate economic growth in the renewable energy sector.

4. Are there any drawbacks to generating electricity without fuel?

While generating electricity without fuel has many benefits, there are also some drawbacks to consider. The initial costs of implementing renewable energy systems can be high, and they may not be as reliable as traditional fuel-based power plants. Additionally, the production and disposal of some renewable energy technologies can have negative environmental impacts.

5. How can I start generating electricity without fuel?

If you are interested in generating electricity without fuel, you can start by researching and investing in renewable energy technologies such as solar panels, wind turbines, or hydroelectric systems. You can also look into community or government initiatives that support renewable energy projects. Additionally, reducing your energy consumption and implementing energy-efficient practices can also contribute to generating electricity without fuel on a smaller scale.