How Can I Improve My Writing Skills for an Autobiographical Book?

  • Thread starter Thread starter vulsite
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Book Edit
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
38 replies · 5K views
OAQfirst said:
And what is "proper English?"
Here: "[URL
Writers's Guide To Well English.[/URL]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
jimmysnyder said:
Here: "[URL
Writers's Guide To Well English.[/URL]

:biggrin: Well, there it is! :smile:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
OAQfirst said:
p51: "When you allow yourself to be bored..."

That one doesn't count. 'When' is not a conjunction when used in that context. :-p
 
Danger said:
That one doesn't count. 'When' is not a conjunction when used in that context. :-p
Nor is it in any other. For it is not one at all. And not about to become one. But that shouldn't bother me. Or make me give up hope. Yet it seems hopeless. So perhaps I should reconsider.
 
Danger said:
That one doesn't count. 'When' is not a conjunction when used in that context. :-p

I hope you take no offense when I write this, but so far I'm not comfortable putting any faith in your guidance. I'll leave it with the college level books I looked at.

In any case, thank you for tagging along. :smile:
 
jimmysnyder said:
Nor is it in any other. For it is not one at all. And not about to become one. But that shouldn't bother me. Or make me give up hope. Yet it seems hopeless. So perhaps I should reconsider.

Well, I was going with a subordinator. Look under "Subordinating Conjunctions" at http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/conjunctions.htm -and notice two examples that begin sentences.

Also, from the earlier referenced dictionary:

when conj. (sense 4): During the time at which; while: When I was young, I was happy.

edit: Geeze. I can't believe I spent all this time on conjunctions. *needs a life*
It's your fault Danger. You should have just slapped me silly and offered me a beer.
 
Last edited:
OAQfirst said:
It's your fault Danger. You should have just slapped me silly and offered me a beer.

I'm too drunk to slap you, but I have a spare beer in the fridge if you want to come over. :biggrin:
 
Danger said:
I'm too drunk to slap you, but I have a spare beer in the fridge if you want to come over. :biggrin:
I'd love to but I'm too drunk to drink. :cry:
 
OAQfirst said:
I'd love to but I'm too drunk to drink. :cry:

You missed a comma there... :rolleyes:
:-p