How can I improve the design of my steam power plant for optimal efficiency?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 5K views
haikara
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi professionals, I am a student from philippines and
im about to design a steam power plant with 74000 KW load.
Our professor gave us a 3 steps at first chapter

the first is that we assume the pressures needed from P2 to P8 where P2 = 8 MPa
assume T2 at centigrade, and get the enthalpies up to P8
T2 must be greater than t5, and h5 = h4' + 150
h7' must not go beyond saturation line
h8' must not go above saturation line

look at my MS excel for more infos.

second is we must get the percent extraction of <25% by getting h9 to h15

look at my MS excel for more infos.

3rd checking (look at my MS excel for more infos.)

my problem now is the 3rd checking. I am getting negative losses, low % output, I am exceeding 30% at Qbd,Qref,Qfluegas.
 
Attachments
Physics news on Phys.org
Homework thread locked.

Please post homework questions in the homework forums of Physics Forums.

I am leaving this viewable for the time being, since it contains an attachment relevant to the problem. Once a new thread is created in the homework forum, feel free to link to this thread for access to the Excel file. If this happens, I can then merge this thread with the one in the Homework section.