How can I prove i = j = k = 1 in Peter's energy equation?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Panphobia
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
Panphobia
Messages
435
Reaction score
13
I have been stuck on this problem for a while, I was looking at questions in a textbook, and could not figure this question out

"Peter came out with a new energy equation
E = (C)(M^i)(a^j)(d^k)
M is mass, a is acceleration, d is distance, and C is a dimensionless constant,
prove that i = j = k = 1"

How would you even start with this?

Regards, Panphobia
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I know that dimensional analysis is being able to state Mass, Length, and Time in terms of each other. But I do not know how that helps me prove that i = j = k = 1.
 
Write the dimension of energy, by means of the dimensions of mass, length and time!
 
Thank you everyone that helped me and gave me hints, I figured it out!