How can I solve a complex conjugate problem for my friend in college algebra?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 5K views
camilus
Messages
146
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


sun, I don't know why I am stuggling with a simple freakin problem. Its not even for me its for my friend who's in college algebra, but for some reaon I can't get the correct answer.

[tex]{9 - 11i \over 6i}[/tex]

The Attempt at a Solution


I multiplied by the conjugate twice and got -11/6 + 3i/2
 
Physics news on Phys.org
camilus said:

Homework Statement


sun, I don't know why I am stuggling with a simple freakin problem. Its not even for me its for my friend who's in college algebra, but for some reaon I can't get the correct answer.

[tex]{9 - 11i \over 6i}[/tex]

The Attempt at a Solution


I multiplied by the conjugate twice and got -11/6 + 3i/2

What is it exactly that your trying to find?
 
find the quotient and express your answer in standard form.
 
camilus said:
[tex]{9 - 11i \over 6i}[/tex]

The Attempt at a Solution


I multiplied by the conjugate twice and got -11/6 + 3i/2

Hi camilus! :smile:

(you mean "I multiplied both top and bottom by the conjugate" :wink:)

-11/6 is right. :smile:

3i/2 isn't. :cry: