How can I use 2D airfoil data for calculations in my RC helicopter project?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Tsheten Dorjee
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi everybody,
I am a native of Bhutan and have been always contemplating on building a RC helicopter for myself. In this regard,I have studied helicopter aerodynamics and want to swing into action.
The momentum theory seems a bit easy to comprehend and perform calculations there. But I'm unsure of how to use 2 dimensional airfoil data for performing calculations using the blade element theory.
Thanks for any help in advance.

Tsheten Dorjee
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Tsheten Dorjee said:
Hi everybody,
I am a native of Bhutan and have been always contemplating on building a RC helicopter for myself. In this regard,I have studied helicopter aerodynamics and want to swing into action.
The momentum theory seems a bit easy to comprehend and perform calculations there. But I'm unsure of how to use 2 dimensional airfoil data for performing calculations using the blade element theory.
Thanks for any help in advance.

Tsheten Dorjee
If I were doing this, I would buy a kit or a pre-made one and play around w/ it to get practical experience before trying to design my own. Just a suggestion.