1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How come when you reverse a diode the current/voltage? is zero?

1. Mar 4, 2009 #1
    Hi I have been looking through my book, and even online for the answer because I don't understand why this happens, but I can't find the proper answer anywhere...can someone help me? Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 4, 2009 #2

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

4. Mar 4, 2009 #3
    ok you will never need to know why its is the case until you do it as a job or do it at uni you do whoever have to recognise the graph odd but true.(Uk only)

5. Mar 4, 2009 #4
    Haha thanks but my teacher wants us to find out....and I read something like what wikipedia says but that is not the answer I'm suppose to have I already asked him :S.

6. Mar 4, 2009 #5
    if you are in the Uk get a copy of the sylabus and wave it in his face saying you dont need to know it sorry its my only anser.

7. Mar 4, 2009 #6
    Haha, no I'm not actually. I think he wants us to explain it in ENGLISH though, you know simply, because we haven't learned anything about P-N stuff yet...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook