How do I calculate the area of a square with 490 mm2?

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter ladil123
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Area Calculation
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
ladil123
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Hello!

This is pretty easy but i´m failing...

The area of this "square" should be 490 mm2 .
What the proper way to do this..., I guess its simple geometry but for the moment I am drawing blank...
 
Attachments
  • square area.gif
    square area.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 544
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Something is wrong in your image, when I consider the number all the way at the bottom to be the length of a side... using Pythagoras to calculate the diagonal length doesn't give me the indicated value.
Is it really a square? What precisely measures 22.3?
 
No, its nor really a square. Yes, it was a pretty crappy picture, but I got to the solution on my own. thanks for the help
 
WadeS, welcome to PF :smile:

It would have been best to ask your question in a brand new thread, since it appears unrelated to what was asked here.

That being said, what shape is it you need help with finding the area?:confused: