1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How do I create a liquid that generates constant UV light ?

1. Aug 10, 2015 #1
    HI Guys .. I really need some help on this ... I need to manufacture(mix) a liquid that 'displays' as UV light if that's the correct term.
    any ideas where I could start ? I have limited chemicals knowledge :/

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 10, 2015 #2
    basically I want something that is stable, non toxic and can be seen by birds as UV light if that makes it more understandable lol

4. Aug 10, 2015 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

What are you going to use to power this liquid light? Can you just shine UV light into the liquid? What is the application? Can birds see UV light?

5. Aug 10, 2015 #4
    I assume you want something capable of reflecting UV light? I don't know of any liquid capable of "generating" any kind of light besides thermal infrared radiation. You would need to input energy, or be burning something.

6. Aug 10, 2015 #5

NascentOxygen

Staff: Mentor

What expanse of surface area are you aiming to have? All flat, or in rippley motion?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook