How do I determine the proper ratio of CO2 and N for my tank?

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Jlat
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Co2 Mixing
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
Jlat
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I wish to fill a 60 cf tank with both CO2 and N at a 25% - 75% ratio. I have been told by my supplier that if I can tell them the "Recipe" for my size tank that they could make this happen for me.
What I need to know is the amount of liquid CO2 (measured in pounds) that would be placed into the tank first and then the amount of N that would then be put 'on top' to reach my desired blend.

Thanks,
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hello Jl,

Would that be a mass ratio or a mole ratio ?
What's in the tank initially ? How do you get it out ?