Joza Messages 139 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Jun 9, 2007 #1 When you have a line's equation, and are asked to find the equations of the 2 parallel lines to it, which are 2 units away...where do I start?
When you have a line's equation, and are asked to find the equations of the 2 parallel lines to it, which are 2 units away...where do I start?
radou Homework Helper Messages 3,149 Reaction score 8 Jun 9, 2007 #2 Joza said: When you have a line's equation, and are asked to find the equations of the 2 parallel lines to it, which are 2 units away...where do I start? Do you know what the slope and y-intercept (!) represent?
Joza said: When you have a line's equation, and are asked to find the equations of the 2 parallel lines to it, which are 2 units away...where do I start? Do you know what the slope and y-intercept (!) represent?
Joza Messages 139 Reaction score 0 Jun 9, 2007 #3 Hey its grand I solved it. It was just solving a quadratic from the perpendicular distance formula. My absolute value signs threw me off! Thanks anyway!
Hey its grand I solved it. It was just solving a quadratic from the perpendicular distance formula. My absolute value signs threw me off! Thanks anyway!