How do I find the force in each beam of a truss problem?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zaza669
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Truss
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
Zaza669
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
http://www.siz.co.il/my.php?i=oogytirin1tt.jpg

I have to find force in 1. 2. 3. 4. Beam.
How can i do that?

Thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
No. I have to use Method of section. I have no idea how to cut the 4 beam together.
 
Last edited:
Zaza669 said:
No. I have to use Method of section. I have no idea how to cut the 4 beam together.
Oh that's unfortunate. But you don't want to cut more than 3 members. Try looking at the left section of the truss cutting thru members 1, 2, and 3. Then sum moments about the lower left hand corner to solve for the force in member 3. Then you can use the sum of forces in x direction and in y direction = 0 to solve for for force in member 2 and 1. Force in member 4 should then be obvious maybe.
 
PhanthomJay said:
Oh that's unfortunate. But you don't want to cut more than 3 members. Try looking at the left section of the truss cutting thru members 1, 2, and 3. Then sum moments about the lower left hand corner to solve for the force in member 3. Then you can use the sum of forces in x direction and in y direction = 0 to solve for for force in member 2 and 1. Force in member 4 should then be obvious maybe.

Can you show me on the paper how to solve that?
Thanks
 
Zaza669 said:
Can you show me on the paper how to solve that?
Thanks
You should become familiar with identifying zero force members. Otherwise, see attached. Sum moments about A to solve for F3. There's going to be a lot of zeroes in that equation...
 
Attachments
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Zaza669