How do you calculate force on a mass swung along an arc on a string?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Padj01
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Dynamic
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 11K views
Padj01
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
I need to know how to calculate dynamic mass and forces. Example is a mass at the end of a string that is swung along an arc (not perpendicular or parallel to the floor). What equations or properties do I need to calculate dynamic mass and force of the object in motion? Thank you for your help.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Tangential speed. Angle that it is twirled at. From this, I see no reason why you coulde't solve for the rest.

Regards,

Nenad
 
Padj01 said:
I need to know how to calculate dynamic mass and forces. Example is a mass at the end of a string that is swung along an arc (not perpendicular or parallel to the floor). What equations or properties do I need to calculate dynamic mass and force of the object in motion? Thank you for your help.
Try f=ma.

I am not sure what you mean by dynamic mass. Mass is mass. Mass is only appreciably affected by its motion if you are talking about speeds close to the speed of light. It doesn't sound like you are.

AM