How Do You Calculate Moles in a CaCO3 and HCl Reaction?

  • Topic: Chemistry 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Elizabeth12
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Moles
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Elizabeth12
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
Hi

I'm stuck on a homework question on moles. I know the mole formula, but the question doesn't state any needed numbers.

Question: Calculate the number of moles of calcium carbonate and hydrochloric acid at the start of the reaction.

the reactions is CaCO3+2HCL---CaCl2+CO2+H2O

How do you calculate the number of moles?

Please help me answer this question a.s.a.p. This homework is due on monday!
Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
If that's the complete question, there is no answer. But I guess you may have omitted part of the question that you think is irrelevant, while in fact it is.
 
oh i just realized I miss read a part of the question. thanks!