I used to think all the audiophile stuff are baloney, but the more I get into it, there is a lot of stuff that is hard to explain. It is a very narrow and specialty field in electronics. You won't believe until you try it. I have been an EE for over 30 years, a lot of things can be explained, but there are things I just cannot explain. Sound is one of those.
Human ears are so much more sensitive than any of the instrument can measure. I actually custom build a test fixture with two identical preamp boards, layout is good for RF with ground plane and bypass so I get all the distraction out of the way and just compare opamps. I have a switch that I can instantaneously switch from one board to the other. to compare the two opamps. Everything is scientific. I was surprised how much difference each opamp sounds. Identical circuit, identical system, instant switch back and fore to compare.
One thing is you have to have a good system, if you have just a normal Adcom etal amp and Energy/Polk Audio/Klipch etal speaker type of quality system, you'll never hear any difference. I am talking about high end audio. I don't know about power cord, but I can tell you I spent hundreds of dollars on the speaker cables and interconnects. They make a difference. I ended up having 4 pairs of monster like cables per speaker to get the sound out. It make such a difference even my wife who knows nothing about hifi can point out right away. I still don't believe any brands of speaker cable, but I believe in massive thick cables to lower the impedance, inductance and capacitance. System is only as good as the weakest link of the system.
I used to be here advising people for a long time, I just spent the last 4 years study deep into audio electronics, designing guitar amps and hifi amps. It's a different world. It's a niche in the field.