How Do You Create a Scale Drawing of a Hot Air Balloon with Mints as Passengers?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
Ineedhelp101
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
1.Hi, I need to create a scale drawing of a hot air balloon at which we are creating, it is odd because I don't know how big it's going to be and have no idea how to make a scale drawing, the balloon does not need a basket but will have mints attached to it (as passengers) to see if it can hold the weight and stay in the air for a certain amount of time. I just need some ideas or tips in this area.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
A scale drawing is simply a drawing of the real object however it is reduced in size and put on paper. You can use parameters such as making every line on your paper equal to one inch even though realistically the space between a line on your paper is not an inch. I would use graph paper if making a sketch. For example if the balloon is a height of 30 inches then it will need to have a height of 30 lines on your paper.