osnarf Messages 207 Reaction score 0 Jan 22, 2011 #3 Me too, but i asked my teacher a question in it and he pronounced it spih-vach. So I'm wondering if he knows something I don't :)
Me too, but i asked my teacher a question in it and he pronounced it spih-vach. So I'm wondering if he knows something I don't :)
fzero Science Advisor Gold Member Messages 3,119 Reaction score 295 Jan 22, 2011 #4 osnarf said: Me too, but i asked my teacher a question in it and he pronounced it spih-vach. So I'm wondering if he knows something I don't :) I've never heard it pronouced differently from "spih-vack." Obviously in English the i and a are short vowels.
osnarf said: Me too, but i asked my teacher a question in it and he pronounced it spih-vach. So I'm wondering if he knows something I don't :) I've never heard it pronouced differently from "spih-vack." Obviously in English the i and a are short vowels.
fzero Science Advisor Gold Member Messages 3,119 Reaction score 295 Jan 22, 2011 #6 osnarf said: vack like a yak in a kayak? or like mach. Short "a," so like yak.
mathwonk Science Advisor Homework Helper Messages 12,038 Reaction score 2,338 Jan 27, 2011 #8 i have known him for 45 years. i have always pronounced it as spih' - vak, as has everyone else who knew him, and he has never objected.
i have known him for 45 years. i have always pronounced it as spih' - vak, as has everyone else who knew him, and he has never objected.