sameeralord
- 659
- 3
How does elastic recoil of arteries stop blood pressure going to zero and artey collapsing? Thanks 
sameeralord said:How does elastic recoil of arteries stop blood pressure going to zero and artey collapsing? Thanks![]()
sameeralord said:Do you mean volume of the artery increases and then comes back to normal, so there is always some blood remaining? I'm really not sure please can you give me a straight forward answer. Thanks!
Doug Huffman said:Are you sure?
Someone else asked a question that led me to point them to a Wiggers Diagram that they didn't understand. I didn't feel capable of answering their follow-up questions but thought about it a bit.
Depending where blood pressure is measured, for instance, core volume provides a large determinant for BP. I started to analogize static head for a mechanical pump.
Anyway, look at a Wigger Diagram and note that nowhere does it plot precisely zero pressure. Aortic pressure is low but not zero, ventricle pressure is far from zero, as is arterial/aortic pressure.