How does mass affect the launch of a catapult and the projectile flight?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 11K views
ericahlstedt
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
How does mass affect the launch of a catapult and the projectile flight??

Homework Statement


How does the mass of the projectile affect the projectile as it is being lauched and after it is launched?

Could your catapult launch a tennis ball and a boulder equally well?
Once in flight, explain what the effect of the mass of the projectile is.

Homework Equations



N/A

The Attempt at a Solution


I know that the mass does not change the flight of the projectile. Right?

I do not know what to put for it being launched though..

If I put :

Mass does not affect anything, would that be right?
 
Physics news on Phys.org


I don't really know what the question mean when it says launch equally well. Does it mean cover the same distance? Anyway this is what i think :a more massive object will have a higher momentum if both are given the same initial velocity and thus higher inertial which means air resistance will play a less significant part.