1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How dowsing works to locate water source?

1. Nov 8, 2011 #1
    Referring to following video, does anyone have any suggestions on how dowsing works to locate water source?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 8, 2011 #2

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

hi there

I dont know how it works ... all I know is that it does lol

back in the 70's thro to the end of the '80's I worked for a telecommunications company
    I used to with ease be able to find buried telephone cables that were 2 - 3 ft deep. using the exact same methods as in your video link using either a single piece of "L" shaped copper wire or even 2 of them, it didnt really matter.
    It NEVER failed, the cable was always where located. A number of my fellow workmates would/could also do the same.

I have never seen a scientific explanation, I dont even know if there is one ?

This is sorta a borderline subject on this forum ... lets just wait and see what the moderators have to say :)

cheers
    Dave

4. Nov 8, 2011 #3
    I'm pretty sure it's entirely bogus. You might have a better chance at finding water by putting a compass under a pyramid covered with q bracelets.

I'll quote you wikipedia for what that's worth:
    Personally, I would think that if such a thing were possible, someone would have proven why it works by now, or, at least proven that it does work.

5. Nov 8, 2011 #4

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

definately NOT bogus mate I will vouch for its authenticity till the day I die
    It really really works!!

D

6. Nov 8, 2011 #5

D H

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Thread closed pending moderation.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook