How dowsing works to locate water source?

• Thread starter oem7110
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Referring to following video, does anyone have any suggestions on how dowsing works to locate water source?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

davenn
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2019 Award
hi there

I dont know how it works ... all I know is that it does lol

back in the 70's thro to the end of the '80's I worked for a telecommunications company
I used to with ease be able to find buried telephone cables that were 2 - 3 ft deep. using the exact same methods as in your video link using either a single piece of "L" shaped copper wire or even 2 of them, it didnt really matter.
It NEVER failed, the cable was always where located. A number of my fellow workmates would/could also do the same.

I have never seen a scientific explanation, I dont even know if there is one ?

This is sorta a borderline subject on this forum ... lets just wait and see what the moderators have to say :)

cheers
Dave

I'm pretty sure it's entirely bogus. You might have a better chance at finding water by putting a compass under a pyramid covered with q bracelets.

I'll quote you wikipedia for what that's worth:
Dowsing appears to have arisen in the context of Renaissance magic in Germany, and it remains popular among believers in Forteana or radiesthesia[5] although there is no accepted scientific rationale behind the concept and no scientific evidence that it is effective.
Personally, I would think that if such a thing were possible, someone would have proven why it works by now, or, at least proven that it does work.

davenn
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2019 Award
I'm pretty sure it's entirely bogus. You might have a better chance at finding water by putting a compass under a pyramid covered with q bracelets.
definately NOT bogus mate I will vouch for its authenticity till the day I die
It really really works!!

D

D H
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Thread closed pending moderation.