How is the radiation dosimetry lab in Okstate state university?

CAMPEP-accredited programs do require a strong foundation in physics and mathematics, but do not necessarily require a certificate in the medical field. Going into research, your focus would likely be on developing instruments or materials rather than the clinical application of medical physics.
churlish
It's a kind of medical physics, is this lab good?
http://physics.okstate.edu/yukihara/dosimetry/

I also found similar labs in duke etc.
http://www.safety.duke.edu/radsafety/drdl/default.asp

Is there any ranking available in medical physics or radiation dosimetry lab? Maybe I most concerned with their research ability not cilinic.

Thank you~

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
There's no ranking for medical physics graduate progams that I know of, but they generally break down into CAMPEP-accredited and non-accredited programs. Duke has an accredited program. I don't know anything about the particular labs though.

Choppy said:
There's no ranking for medical physics graduate progams that I know of, but they generally break down into CAMPEP-accredited and non-accredited programs. Duke has an accredited program. I don't know anything about the particular labs though.

Does CAMPEP-accredited program require some certificate in Medical field? Because I just want to do research, maybe developing instrument or material.

CAMPEP accreditation of the graduate program is necessary if you're interested in pursuing the clinical side of medical physics. If you're only interested in research, it's not a requirement.

1. What is the purpose of the radiation dosimetry lab at Okstate State University?

The radiation dosimetry lab at Okstate State University is a facility where researchers and students can conduct experiments and analyze data related to radiation exposure and dose. This lab also serves as a training ground for future radiation scientists and technicians.

2. What types of equipment are available in the radiation dosimetry lab?

The radiation dosimetry lab at Okstate State University is equipped with a variety of instruments for measuring and detecting different types of radiation, such as ionization chambers, Geiger counters, and scintillation detectors. The lab also has specialized equipment for dosimetry and imaging, including TLD and OSL dosimeters, as well as X-ray and CT scanners.

3. How is the radiation dosimetry lab used in research?

The radiation dosimetry lab at Okstate State University is used in a wide range of research projects, including studies on the effects of radiation on living organisms, the development of new dosimetry techniques, and the optimization of radiation therapy treatments. The lab is also used for radiation safety and quality assurance testing in various industries.

4. Can students use the radiation dosimetry lab for their own experiments?

Yes, students at Okstate State University can use the radiation dosimetry lab for their own research projects with the guidance and supervision of a faculty member. The lab is also used for laboratory classes where students can gain hands-on experience in radiation measurements and dosimetry techniques.

5. Is the radiation dosimetry lab at Okstate State University accredited?

Yes, the radiation dosimetry lab at Okstate State University is accredited by the American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM). This accreditation ensures that the lab meets strict standards for quality, safety, and accuracy in radiation measurements and dosimetry.