Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How long does it take you to write a prelab or lab report for chemistry lab?

1. Sep 30, 2012 #1
    How long does it take you to write a prelab or lab report for chemistry lab? And what grades do you usually get for these assignments? I spend like at least 2 hours writing a lab report because I want to get a perfect grade. Also, I spend quite a lot of time on a prelab too, because I'm scared to get marked down for anything.

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 30, 2012 #2
    I spent literally hours on hours writing my inorganic lab reports. That was hell on earth.

But gen-chem and o-chem weren't so horrible. Gen-chem, maybe 1-2 hours on reports. O-chem, 2 hours.

4. Sep 30, 2012 #3

turbo

Gold Member

In HS, my lab-partner wrote up our lab reports. She was not only a sweetie, she was a meticulous note-taker, and had perfect handwriting. She wrote up our reports during lab, not after, and we always got top scores for our lab-work. In HS, we got all kinds of quantitative analysis (inorganic), and my lab-partner kept up with me as I charged through the lab-work and documented everything.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook