How long does it take you to write a prelab or lab report for chemistry lab?

Main Question or Discussion Point

How long does it take you to write a prelab or lab report for chemistry lab? And what grades do you usually get for these assignments? I spend like at least 2 hours writing a lab report because I want to get a perfect grade. Also, I spend quite a lot of time on a prelab too, because I'm scared to get marked down for anything.

Thanks.

Answers and Replies

I spent literally hours on hours writing my inorganic lab reports. That was hell on earth.

But gen-chem and o-chem weren't so horrible. Gen-chem, maybe 1-2 hours on reports. O-chem, 2 hours.

turbo
Gold Member
In HS, my lab-partner wrote up our lab reports. She was not only a sweetie, she was a meticulous note-taker, and had perfect handwriting. She wrote up our reports during lab, not after, and we always got top scores for our lab-work. In HS, we got all kinds of quantitative analysis (inorganic), and my lab-partner kept up with me as I charged through the lab-work and documented everything.