How much extra to pay someone who helped recover my full deposit?

  • Thread starter Thread starter WWGD
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 1K views
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Messages
7,908
Reaction score
13,226
I hired someone to help me clean up the apartment from which I recently moved out. He did a good job working with me and I received my full deposit back; he had more training in full cleaning than I did and led the way much of the time. I feel I should give him some extra money for his help in getting a full refund. How much should I give him, and what should the amount I give depend on?
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Medicol and Greg Bernhardt
Physics news on Phys.org
Tips for me are all about going the extra mile. It appear this person did so it's nice to offer. I would think about an extra $10 per hour.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Medicol
One could give half of the deposit, or half of the difference between the full deposit and whatever one would have received without the help.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Medicol