How much partying do you guys do?

• Thread starter Nothing000
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation mainly revolves around the topic of partying in college and its impact on academic success. Some individuals believe that it is possible to balance partying with studying, while others think it is best to focus on academics and party after college. Others share personal experiences and opinions on recreational drug use and how it relates to partying. Ultimately, it is emphasized that maintaining self-control and prioritizing academic responsibilities is crucial in achieving success in college.
Nothing000
How much partying do you guys do? This question is really for anyone in college, but if you are already out of school then state how much partying you did during college.

I am just wondering how much one can party and still maintain good standing in an engineering or science program in college.

Physics news on Phys.org
:rofl: What a silly question.

Why not do really good in college and then party after because of how good you did? That seems to make sense to me...

Couple of times a month. But only on weekends and never when I have an exam the following week.

Rarely if ever haha. I might go out sometimes during the summer when school is out, or during reading week or fall break but pretty much never. I'm doing preprofessional requirements right now and if I slip up even a bit I don't get into my program so I pretty much just study all the time.

In college I went to a dance and got plastered just about every weekend. In retrospect this was an absurd waste of time: nothing good came of it. I don't drink any more at all.

Stevedye56 said:
Why not do really good in college and then party after because of how good you did? That seems to make sense to me...

Partying after college? I mean like parties where you get wasted, I don't mean like dinner parties.

Maybee that's where you were going with your comment though. Where you saying that I should just have the menality of "I will work hard while in school, then party once I'm done with school." And then when school is over, there are no parties to go to. So the whole idea of partying is removed from the equation. Is that what you meant or am I reading into it to much? :smile:

Nothing000 said:
Maybee that's where you were going with your comment though. Where you saying that I should just have the menality of "I will work hard while in school, then party once I'm done with school." And then when school is over, there are no parties to go to. So the whole idea of partying is removed from the equation. Is that what you meant or am I reading into it to much? :smile:
You might be reading too much into it, but that attitude works as well. :biggrin:

I think it depends on the individual. I didn't party much in college...getting plastered or watching other people do so didn't much interest me, so instead I hung out with people with more similar interests as I did and we enjoyed Saturday nights with a video rental and a big bowl of popcorn (that also fit our budgets better). I went to a few parties, but more often that was when I visited friends at other schools and they dragged me off to the parties there.

But, I also know people who were engineering students and partied every weekend yet still maintained their grades...they just made sure they got all their coursework and studying done during the week.

Basically, if you can't get all your homework or studying done, you're doing too much partying. If it affects your grades, stop.

I should also mention that I'm older now and can legally drink and am much more responsible with partying because I started college 3 years later than most.

Partying nearly ruined my life (well, it did for quite a few years) in high school up through a couple of years after high school. Once I straightened up, I started college at the age of 21. It all depends on how much self control you have. I had little back then, and probably still do now. But, this is my last shot at succeeding, so I plan on following through with it.

Last edited:
I partied in high school a lot, and took a three year break before even starting college. Once I started college, I picked at it, took it easy, and fished commercially in the summer (I did party hard when I got back into town after a fishing trip, but other than that, my party frequency dropped comparably in my early 20's. I eventually decided on physics, and now I'm 26 and a junior in physics (senior overall). I don't have the desire to party at all, anymoe.

I still think it's good to go out every once in a while and free your mind up a bit "empty your cup" as the Taoists would say, so that you can encode your information subconsciously and prepare for a new load of information.

I go out to the pub for a drink every once in a while (when friends insist), but usually, I spend my me-time smoking weed and playing video games, nowadays. Much cheaper form of entertainment than heavy drinking (especially if the games are free, text, based ones like muds)

Last edited:
What about recreational drug use, particularly phychadelics and going to raves?

Oh, and I should mention that me and my friends are of legal drinking age. And I have used many psychadelics in the past.

:rofl: This thread is making me piss in my pants.

What is so funny about it?

A 21 year old asking these questions is quite moronic.

"Is it ok if I do drugs and drink twice a week, can I still get A's?"

:rofl:

Get real, Please.

Its even funnier if this is not a joke :cry: :rofl:

In all seriousness, this is the some of the dumbest stuff I have ever read.

Oh, and I should mention that me and my friends are of legal drinking age. And I have used many psychadelics in the past.

Tell me this is a joke :cry::rofl:

Yes, do drugs, party a ton and you will get A+'s. :rolleyes: :uhh: :uhh:

Last edited:
I don't get where you are coming from man. Plus, I am older than 21.

Nothing000 said:
I don't get where you are coming from man. Plus, I am older than 21.

Well, If you have not learned by now, you never will. Harsh, but true.

So basically, you want to know how lazy and how much drugs you can do while still passing by...wow. Did you really just ask us that? I'm insulted. <shakes head in disbelief>

Why would you honestly ask us how much drugs you can take?

Too much Funny, I need to sit down :cry: :rofl:

Last edited:
Ha, Ha. I was just kidding.

Nothing000 said:
Ha, Ha. I was just kidding.

:rofl: No, you were not. :rofl:

Excuse me, while I fall off my chair now. :rofl: :rofl:

No seriosly good buddy. I was just teasing. It must have been the meth talking. Ha ha.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :smile:

Hold on while I crush up some pills to snort.

abort! parody error! failed recovery

Ha ha ha ha. Laugh out loud.

stuck in the pit.

Nothing000 said:

That seems obvious. :rofl: I'm reading Cyrus's thoughts.

Cyrus said:
This thread is making me piss in my pants.
Learn to hold your beer man. :rofl:

Gotta go with cyrus here...it's funny 'cause it's so stupid :rofl:

1. How do you balance your partying with your work as a scientist?

As scientists, we understand the importance of maintaining a healthy work-life balance. We make sure to prioritize our work and responsibilities before engaging in any partying activities. Additionally, we plan and schedule our parties in advance to ensure they do not interfere with our work.

2. Do you think partying affects your credibility as a scientist?

No, partying does not affect our credibility as scientists. We are able to separate our personal lives from our work and maintain a professional image in the scientific community. Our ability to have fun and enjoy ourselves outside of work does not diminish our skills and expertise as scientists.

3. How often do you party as a scientist?

The frequency of our partying activities varies among different scientists. Some may choose to party more often than others, but it does not define their capabilities as scientists. We make sure to prioritize our work and responsibilities before engaging in any partying activities.

4. Are there any risks involved in partying as a scientist?

Like with any other profession, there are potential risks associated with partying. However, as responsible scientists, we make sure to party safely and within our limits. We also make sure to adhere to any rules and regulations set by our institutions and maintain a professional image.

5. How does partying impact your research and scientific discoveries?

Party activities do not directly impact our research and scientific discoveries. As scientists, we are trained to approach our work with objectivity and critical thinking, regardless of our personal lives. However, taking breaks and engaging in social activities can help improve our mental well-being and creativity, which can indirectly contribute to our research and discoveries.