1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Studying How much time did you put into Grad School Apps/GRE studying?

1. Jun 24, 2011 #1
    I'm heading into my first semester as a senior physics major, and I'm still deciding how many courses I should take.

I started studying for the physics GRE today and I plan on taking it, along with the General GRE, in October. Most of my graduate school applications appear to be due on January first, so I'd probably want to essentially finish them before my finals period. I haven't even decided what type of graduate program I want to apply to yet.

I hate the idea of taking an easy courseload this semester because, as a senior, I can get into so many courses that sound amazingly awesome.

Thoughts?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 24, 2011 #2

fss

Sounds like you should start there.

4. Jun 24, 2011 #3
    I realize this. I'm looking into several possibilities. Still, I'm assuming that the application process will take the same amount of time no matter which field I choose to go into, so I would think that my above questions are still valid.

Maybe not. Are engineering graduate schools impressed by physics GRE scores?

5. Jun 24, 2011 #4
    30-40 days of studying for GRE, studying after work for about 2 hours. The longest part was researching grad schools, their programs, professors, and then researching and reading a little bit about each professor's research.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook