How much weight can sawhorses hold with a distributed load on I-beams?

  • Thread starter Thread starter blake92
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Forces
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
blake92
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
In this type of setup, i was wondering what i needed to take into account to determine how much weight each sawhorse can hold. when an evenly distributed and uniform load is applied ontop of the I-beams.

Do i need to determine the max load of the I-beams going across?

How will the I-beams affect my answers?

Do i need to determine the forces in the saw horse legs?

These question and related material that you think is crucial is what I am trying to find out. Thanks for your help!
 
Attachments
  • Sawhorse.jpg
    Sawhorse.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 471
Physics news on Phys.org
SteamKing said:
What is it are you trying to find out?

I just want to know where all the forces are going and if i applied let's say 100lbs to the I-beams evenly would each take on half of that (50lbs) and then would each saw horse take half of that (25lbs) per beam?