How to Calculate Equivalent Gas Volumes Using Avogadro's Law?

  • Topic: Chemistry 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Boozehound22
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Gases Molecules
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
Boozehound22
Messages
2
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


What volume of CH4 at 0°C and 1.00 atm contains the same number of molecules as 0.58 L of N2 measured at 35.0 °C and 1.50 atm?


Homework Equations


I think you just need to use Avogadro's Number and multiply by the molar mass?
I guess my question is what equation would you use?

The Attempt at a Solution


I haven't attempted the question due to lack of an equation.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
thank you. i was trying that formula but was plugging in the wrong number for moles.
 
Remember you are doing the ratio of two of these, so you don't actualy need a value for R