Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to calculate Feynman diagrams in phi^4

1. Nov 24, 2015 #1
    For quartic scalar field theory these are some of the lowest order diagrams (taken from the solutions to 9.2 srednicki). I'm wondering if someone can give me an intuition of how to actually calculate them.

What I'm thinking is that vertices are $$\int \frac{d^{4}x}{(2\pi)^{4}}$$ and for the first diagram their would be two contractions $$\Delta (0)$$ because the propagators return to the place they originated at. So would the first diagram just be $$\Delta (0) ^{2} \int \frac{d^{4}x}{(2\pi)^{4}}$$

Self-studying is incredibly difficult! Any help would be much appreciated! :)

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 24, 2015 #2

MathematicalPhysicist

Gold Member

Try finding your answer in this website:
    http://bolvan.ph.utexas.edu/~vadim/classes/2004f.homeworks/HWpage.html

If it doesn't appear there then try searching for solutions to Peskin and Schroeder, try reading the book.

There's also the book called diagrammatica by Veltman if I am not wrong that should have a good description on how to calculate it for quartic term.

4. Nov 29, 2015 #3

vanhees71

Science Advisor
    2016 Award

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook