CruiserFJ62 Messages 18 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Feb 12, 2010 #1 I have a heat source inside a steel box. I know the outside ambient air temp and the amount of heat the source puts of. How do I calculate the internal air temp of the box?
I have a heat source inside a steel box. I know the outside ambient air temp and the amount of heat the source puts of. How do I calculate the internal air temp of the box?
edgepflow Messages 688 Reaction score 1 Feb 12, 2010 #2 Use the basic relation: Q = Delta Temperature / RT Q = Heat Flow Delta Temperature = Temperature (inside box) - Temperature (outside box) Thermal Resistance = convenction and conduction resistance Now, the inside of the box will get hot enough (increase in temperature) to get the energy of the heat source out so Q = heat flow = heat source Your thermal resistance will be mostly from natural convection inside and outside the box.
Use the basic relation: Q = Delta Temperature / RT Q = Heat Flow Delta Temperature = Temperature (inside box) - Temperature (outside box) Thermal Resistance = convenction and conduction resistance Now, the inside of the box will get hot enough (increase in temperature) to get the energy of the heat source out so Q = heat flow = heat source Your thermal resistance will be mostly from natural convection inside and outside the box.