How to calculate leakage inductance and winding capacitance for a step up transformer

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
hobbs125
Messages
108
Reaction score
0
I am designing a small step up transformer and I'm trying to calculate leakage inductance and winding capacitance.

The problem I'm having is when I search the web I find there is a ton of info on the subject. So I have no idea where to start.

Can anyone explain to me how to calculate leakage inductance and winding capacitance for a basic step up transformer.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
I believe these will be highly subjective to the material and quality of the components used, as well as the physical design ( even winding pattern). If you are looking for losses overall - the excitation and winding resistance will account to most of them.