How to Calculate Profit on Selling Price?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Amith2006
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Calculation
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 13K views
Amith2006
Messages
416
Reaction score
2

Homework Statement


A PROFIT OF 25 is MADE on THE COST PRICE OF an ARTICLE. WHAT is THE PROFIT  on THE SELLING price of the ARTICLE?


Homework Equations




The Attempt at a Solution


I think Something is wrong with the question. could Someone Understand the question? A profit is made on C.P. That must BE the selling price. Now, what DO mean by profit  on S.P?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Ok, CP=cost price, SP=selling price. Hence, profit P=SP-CP, right? You are given that P is 25% of CP, I think. Then I believe they are asking what percentage is P of SP. Did I get that right? I'm not an expert at finance. Then do the algebra. If it gets confusing just make up some real numbers that fit the assumptions and do it with them.