How to calculate the max acceleration

In summary, the engine specified is a 305 cc, 4-stroke single-cylinder engine with a torque of 18.53 N m @ 2800 rpm. The weight of the car is 275kg with a coefficient of drag of 1.15 and frontal area of 0.9177m^2. The rolling resistance is 0.04482 and the engine wheel efficiency is 78%. To calculate the maximum acceleration and power, the friction coefficient of the tires is needed, which is not specified. The power output for the engine's standard fuel mix is also not provided. Additional information and resources on estimating vehicle acceleration are suggested for further reference.
Ketan Vadher
I have an engine with the following specifications:
305 cc, 4-stroke single-cylinder.
Torque : 18.53 N m @ 2800 rpm.
Weight of the car 275kg
Coefficient of drag:1.15
Frontal area: 0.9177m^2
Rolling resistance:0.04482
Engine wheel efficiency: 78%

How can i calculate the Max. acceleration and Max. Power ?

Engineering news on Phys.org
With difficulty.
Where is all this coming from? Does that source also tell you the power output of the engine for it's standard fuel mix?
What does "engine-wheel efficiency" mean?

The maximum acceleration will depends on the friction coefficient of the tires. Since you didn't specify it, you cannot find it.

For the maximum power all you know is that you have 5433 W @ 2800 rpm (= 18.53 * 2800 * π / 30). Is this the rpm where you have the maximum power? No one can say from the information you gave.

More info here about estimating the acceleration of a vehicle.

I calculated A Four-Cylinder Internal Combustion Engine last year. It includes heat analysis and speed characteristics. It can help.

Attachments

• Heat&Speed.xlsx
    74.2 KB · Views: 332

1. What is acceleration and how is it calculated?

Acceleration is the rate of change of an object's velocity over time. It is calculated by dividing the change in velocity by the change in time.

2. How do I calculate the maximum acceleration of an object?

The maximum acceleration of an object can be calculated by dividing the change in velocity by the time it takes to reach that velocity. This can be represented by the formula a=max(vf-vi)/t.

3. What is the difference between average and maximum acceleration?

Average acceleration is the overall change in velocity over a given time period, while maximum acceleration is the highest acceleration achieved during that time period.

4. Can I use the same formula to calculate maximum acceleration for any type of motion?

Yes, the formula a=max(vf-vi)/t can be used to calculate the maximum acceleration for any type of motion, as long as the initial and final velocities are known.

5. How does mass affect maximum acceleration?

Mass does not directly affect maximum acceleration, but it does play a role in determining the force needed to achieve that acceleration. The more mass an object has, the greater the force needed to accelerate it to a certain velocity.