1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How To Choose a Topic for Research project

1. Feb 5, 2009 #1
    Hello,
    Am a student in 3rd year of Applied physics and next year am supposed to present my research project so i would like to ask how does one choose a topic.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 5, 2009 #2

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Have you been given any guidance by your department?

4. Feb 5, 2009 #3

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Some ideas:
    - go to the presentations (if they have them) of 4th year students on their projects and see if anything they are doing interests you
    - attent department seminars
    - talk to your professors to see if they have any ideas for a 4th year project or if they remember any interesting projects that have been done over the past few years
    - talk to others in your undergradute physics society and find out what ideas they have
    - talk to graduate students in your department about the projects they are involved in
    - start reading journal articles in fields that interest you
    - read articles in publications like Science, Nature, and Physics Today

5. Feb 7, 2009 #4
    Thx y'all who have tried to reply me, actually i have been talkin with my head of departement and he promised me he is going to help me. thk u very much

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook