How to connect with a Astrophysics scientist from a reputed institute

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 1K views
shantanu23
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Summary:: Need an Astrophysicist from a reputed institute.

Can anyone please help me with a Astrophysicist from a reputed institute.
I have a paper to present...but don't know how to reachout to a scientist.
I tried mailing a few scientists but they don't respond back.

Please help.

Regards,
Shantanu
 
Physics news on Phys.org
shantanu23 said:
Summary:: Need an Astrophysicist from a reputed institute.

I tried mailing a few scientists but they don't respond back.

I'm not surprised, that isn't the way to present a paper
 
davenn said:
I'm not surprised, that isn't the way to present a paper
can you please tell me how to present the paper...?
 
Academics continuously receive unsolicited manuscripts, and they are invariably from cranks. I am not saying that you fit in that category, but I point it out to tell you that there is no way in which your work can be taken seriously by sending it to someone who doesn't know you.

Are you a student of physics? In that case, approach one of your professors, even if they do not work in that particular field, and ask for advice.

If you are not a student nor somebody with connections in the field, how can you be sure that you have actually made a breakthrough? The probability that someone with no credentials made a new discovery is very, very low.

If you are still convinced that your work is valuable, you can always submit it for publication in a scientific journal. Format your work in the style of an article; you can use the articles you cite as a guide (you are citing from the current literature in the field, aren't you?). You can then send it to a journal in the relevant field.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman, PeroK and davenn