aaaa202
- 1,144
- 2
Recently I have been asked to solve the problem of an electron in a Zeeman-field that couples the spin of the electron to the magnetic field.
I am not sure how to correctly set up the problem. I think, however, that what I have done on the picture is correct. The usual p^2/2m + V term in the Hamiltonian is tensored with the identity matrix and the Zeeman term is added in the usual way.
I am however unsure how to solve this Hamiltonian. How do you solve something like this with both an eigenvalue equation in the matrix structure and in the spatial part of H?
I am not sure how to correctly set up the problem. I think, however, that what I have done on the picture is correct. The usual p^2/2m + V term in the Hamiltonian is tensored with the identity matrix and the Zeeman term is added in the usual way.
I am however unsure how to solve this Hamiltonian. How do you solve something like this with both an eigenvalue equation in the matrix structure and in the spatial part of H?
Attachments