How to draw tangent from point of inflection on a chart with peaks

  • Thread starter Thread starter selseg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Point Tangent
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 4K views
selseg
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Hi , I have an assignment which requires that I draw tangents from the point of inflection on a peak to the x-axis.I still cannot figure out how to do that using qtiplot or excel.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
selseg said:
Hi , I have an assignment which requires that I draw tangents from the point of inflection on a peak to the x-axis.I still cannot figure out how to do that using qtiplot or excel.
Can't you just print out the plot of the curve, and then manually draw in the tangent line?
 
selseg said:
Hi , I have an assignment which requires that I draw tangents from the point of inflection on a peak to the x-axis.I still cannot figure out how to do that using qtiplot or excel.
I'm having a bit of a problem with the phrase "the point of inflection on a peak". Except for things like square waves, inflection points don't happen on peaks.

Are you quoting the assignment precisely?
 
I can , I thought it should look very professional.Sometimes I can't help thinking that way , thanks for drawing my attention to 'common sense'
.Scott said:
I'm having a bit of a problem with the phrase "the point of inflection on a peak". Except for things like square waves, inflection points don't happen on peaks.

Are you quoting the assignment precisely?
Its a chromatogram