How to Find a Manufacturer for Custom 24V DC Gear Motor Assemblies?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 6K views
deckart
Messages
106
Reaction score
4
Maybe someone on these forums is associated with the electronic motor industry. My company is looking for a custom 24V dc gear motor assembly to actuate hydraulic ball valves. It would be a component we would offer with our product line. None of us have enough experience these types of devices to design a final product. We would be interested in finding a manufacturer to design to our specs. Something with the torque of a 24V Cordless Dewalt drill would be adequate.

Could anyone recommend a design manufacturer that might be able to help us?
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
I know that Rucker produces a vast range of hydraulics devices. I'll go see if I can find a link.
 
Okay, I'm back. Sorry dude... no joy there. I don't know if they've gone out of business or just aren't net-available.
 
deckart said:
Maybe someone on these forums is associated with the electronic motor industry. My company is looking for a custom 24V dc gear motor assembly to actuate hydraulic ball valves. It would be a component we would offer with our product line. None of us have enough experience these types of devices to design a final product. We would be interested in finding a manufacturer to design to our specs. Something with the torque of a 24V Cordless Dewalt drill would be adequate.
Could anyone recommend a design manufacturer that might be able to help us?
What kind of production numbers are you talking about. I know of a small company here in Michigan that does custom drives and motors. I don't know too much about their production abilities though. You might give them a try.

Electric Apparatus Co.
Howell, MI
(517) 546-0520