How to find current in parallel and series?

In summary, the total resistance in a parallel circuit can be calculated using the formula 1/RT = 1/R1 + 1/R2 + 1/R3 + ..., while in a series circuit, it is calculated by adding up the individual resistances. The total current in a parallel circuit is equal to the sum of the individual branch currents, while in a series circuit, it can be calculated using Ohm's Law. The direction of current flow in a circuit is determined by the direction of the voltage source, with current flowing from the positive to negative terminal in a closed circuit.
Moninder
dJUsKNP.jpg

With 12V battery,I had simplified the look and found the I.total= 0.47874. I need to find the Current and Voltage in all the resistors. I understand the 11 ohms has I=0.47874 and V=5.28V.
Then remaining voltage goes to the parallel ones, so the 12 ohms has V=6.72V and I=0.3061A , then the remaining amps go to the other side which are in series and are the same? with different voltages?

Physics news on Phys.org
I see your diagram as being so tiny as to be unreadable even though it is in a SPACE that is quite large.

1. How do I calculate the total resistance in a parallel circuit?

In a parallel circuit, the total resistance is calculated by using the formula 1/RT = 1/R1 + 1/R2 + 1/R3 + ..., where RT is the total resistance and R1, R2, R3, etc. are the individual resistances of the components in the circuit.

2. How do I calculate the total resistance in a series circuit?

In a series circuit, the total resistance is calculated by simply adding up all the individual resistances of the components in the circuit.

3. How do I calculate the total current in a parallel circuit?

In a parallel circuit, the total current is equal to the sum of the individual branch currents. This can be calculated by using the formula IT = I1 + I2 + I3 + ..., where IT is the total current and I1, I2, I3, etc. are the individual branch currents.

4. How do I calculate the total current in a series circuit?

In a series circuit, the total current is the same throughout the circuit and can be calculated by using Ohm's Law, where IT = V/R, with V being the voltage and R being the total resistance of the circuit.

5. How do I determine the direction of current flow in a circuit?

The direction of current flow in a circuit is determined by the direction of the voltage source. Current flows from the positive terminal of the voltage source to the negative terminal in a closed circuit.