How to Find the Cube Root of a Number?

  • Topic:
  • Thread starter Thread starter NotaMathPerson
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Cube hand Root
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
NotaMathPerson
Messages
82
Reaction score
0
Hello!

My book explained how to take cube root of a number withou using calculator. I managed to extract the cube root of number less than a million. But when its higher like this one 12812904. I cannot extract it.

Can you suggest an algorithm on how to go about this one? Thanks!
 
Mathematics news on Phys.org
NotaMathPerson said:
Hello!

My book explained how to take cube root of a number withou using calculator. I managed to extract the cube root of number less than a million. But when its higher like this one 12812904. I cannot extract it.

Can you suggest an algorithm on how to go about this one? Thanks!

Hi NotaMathPerson,

There's a method to find the cube root of a number, similar to long division mentioned at the following webpage. It might be the one you are looking for.

https://xlinux.nist.gov/dads//HTML/cubeRoot.html