Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to get points on physics forums?

1. Dec 15, 2011 #1
    There are points in my PF account, six points. How do I acquire more points? And what does it mean if I have an infraction and it is never going to expire? :uhh:

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 15, 2011 #2

Ryan_m_b

Staff: Mentor

Points are given for breaching the PF Rules. Quoting from them:
    In other words points are bad hence being called infraction points. Infraction points have various lengths and expire after a certain length of time, some never expire.

When you were awarded the points an explanation would have come with them as a personal message explaining why you have received them. When you receive messages you will see a notification in the top right of your screen and there will be an alert when you click "My PF." If you have not read these check your inbox.

4. Dec 15, 2011 #3

jtbell

To see how you got the infraction points that you already have, go to your profile and click on the "Infractions" tab.

5. Dec 16, 2011 #4

Redbelly98

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

At the risk of re-stating the obvious, please do read your Private Messages (PM's) for specific explanations of why those points are there.

6. Dec 17, 2011 #5

Borek

The fastest way of getting more points is to start a thread on one of the banned topics (they are listed for your convenience in the forum rules).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook