How to make the small ball slide into the groove in Simscape multibody

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
4 replies · 3K views
Amaelle
Messages
318
Reaction score
55
TL;DR
I have an issue in making the small ball slide into the groove
Good day All!
I have a problem , I could do almost all the mechanism, my problem is how to make slide the little ball into the groove. whenever i run the program i got the follwing error message
['rotating_groove_cylinder_good_trial']: The following errors were found in the model rotating_groove_cylinder_good_trial.
Caused by:
['rotating_groove_cylinder_good_trial/Solver Configuration']: *** Model not assembled: position violation *** Resolve this issue in order to simulate the model.

the wheel rotates around a fixed hinge.
I have joined the program file,
Many thanks in advance
 
Attachments
  • sliding.png
    sliding.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
It seems that the system is asking you to synchronize the movement of the disk and the lever, both rotational and linearly.
That Vo of the center of the disk greatly complicates things in this case, unless its value is small compared to the rotational velocities.

 
Thank you, consider is 0 as the disk is rotating around the center O. how can we solve it?
thank you
 
I don't know how to manipulate any software, sorry for not being able to help more.
I just added a video to my previous post, which shows the close inter-dependence of both members, being this a quick return mechanism.