How to Output Monitor Readings in MADX for Beam Position Calibration Errors?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pphysicist
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Monitor
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
Pphysicist
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
TL;DR
Monitor beam position vs actual beam position
I am fairly new to MADX and having a little trouble understanding how to output the monitor readings (apparent beam position) rather than the actual beam position at that point in the accelerator.
I am trying to include monitor calibration errors but obviously this has no effect on the actual beam position, only on the monitor measurements, which I can't work out how to output.
Basically I'm asking if anybody knows the command I need to include this.
As a side note, I am not using any corrections in MADX but simply applying certain errors and recording their effects.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
(Let me know if there's anything you'd like me to clarify)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hello Pphysicist:
I have no background in MAD-X, but I note that they have a support site: MAD-X Support
I have also pinged others in this forum in hopes of finding some specific MAD-X expertise.
Scott
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: scottdave