How to prevent the loss of anki cards

In summary, the speaker has created nearly 6000 anki cards on ankidroid and is concerned about losing them due to accidental deletion or a mischievous child. They sync their cards daily but are unsure if they can recover them if they are deleted. They ask for help in preventing this mistake and are directed to a resource that suggests creating a backup .apkg file. The speaker then shares their success in exporting their decks and creating a new account to prevent loss of their cards.
Frigus
I have created almost 6000 anki cards on ankidroid(android) and I get nightmares about loosing them by deletion(of course mistakenly) or due to some 5 year old monster who just wants to delete them for fun.
I sync the cards daily and I am unsure if I will be able to get my cards back if they get deleted mistakenly,
Can you please help to prevent this mistake.
Thanks.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Do a google search for answers to your question. I found this reference that may help. It suggests creating an .apkg file from your anki deck via export and using it as your backup.

https://help.fluent-forever.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004367791-How-to-save-and-back-up-your-Anki-decks-

• Informative
Likes Wrichik Basu, berkeman and Frigus
jedishrfu said:
Do a google search for answers to your question.
I am using ankidroid and on internet there is not too much information about ankidroid but of anki's computer version.
That's why I was asked it here.

Thanks😃,
I exported all the decks into files of my phone,sent it to my mom's phone and created new account and it worked,
Thanks a lot.

Likes Wrichik Basu, berkeman and jedishrfu

1. How can I back up my anki cards?

To back up your anki cards, you can export your deck as an .apkg file and save it to a secure location, such as a USB drive or cloud storage. You can also use the built-in backup feature in anki to create a copy of your deck on your computer.

2. Is there a way to recover lost anki cards?

If you have accidentally deleted or lost anki cards, you can try to restore them from your computer's trash or recycle bin. If that does not work, you can use the backup file you created earlier to restore your deck. If you do not have a backup, you may not be able to recover your lost cards.

3. How can I prevent losing my anki cards due to computer crashes or errors?

To prevent the loss of anki cards due to computer crashes or errors, make sure to regularly back up your deck and save it to a secure location. You can also enable auto-save in anki to automatically save your progress every few minutes. Additionally, keeping your computer and anki software up to date can help prevent crashes and errors.

4. What should I do if my anki cards are corrupted or damaged?

If your anki cards are corrupted or damaged, you can try to restore them from your most recent backup file. If that does not work, you can try to repair the deck using an external tool or seek help from the anki community forum. However, if the damage is severe, you may need to start over with a new deck.

5. Can I prevent the loss of anki cards on my mobile device?

Yes, you can prevent the loss of anki cards on your mobile device by regularly syncing your deck with anki's web server. This will create a backup of your deck on the server, which you can then access and restore from in case of any loss or damage. You can also enable auto-syncing in anki's settings to automatically sync your deck every time you make changes.